10 Ways To Project A Professional Image
From Jay Miletsky's book, 101 Ways to Successfully Market Yourself, here 10 tips for projecting an effective professional image:
- Discipline yourself to be positive and enthusiastic.
- In tense situations choose positive responses by maintaining perspective and getting along well with others.
- Acknowledge mistakes and shortcomings and learn how to correct them.
- Develop a reputation for being a resourceful problems solver.
- Leverage your strengths and expertise to have maximum impact on the decisions you make.
- Be organized, efficient, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Master your tasks and fully expand your area of expertise so that you can boost your output.
- Keep up with the latest developments in your company and in your field.
- Cultivate unique talents that give you a definite edge.
- Gain visibility by taking the kind of action that will propel you into the right sights of management personnel.