How To Encourage Your Team To Provide Value Beyond The Ordinary
"It takes more than encouraging words to get a team thinking beyond the ordinary," explains Jackie Barretta, author of the book, Primal Teams.She suggests you must help team members to redefine the purpose of their work with broader and more expansive thinking. Use certain pointed questions to guide a team toward a loftier view of their purpose.
Specifically, Barretta recommends you as the leader ask the following purpose-broadening questions to encourage the team to think of providing value beyond the ordinary:
- What major contributions can our team make to the company's success?
- What do we do that makes our colleagues and customers happy?
- What does our work do to give our company a competitive advantage?
- What do we do that no one else can do?
- What legacy do we want to leave?
- What future possibilities excite us?
- What difference does our work make in the lives of others?
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me a copy of the book.