REI Sets The Example For Creating And Living Core Values
Are you a leader who is struggling with how to write your company's core values?
You can learn from Recreational Equipment Incorporated, better known as REI -- an outdoor gear and apparel co-op. As described in Amy Lyman's new book, The Trustworthy Leader, REI concisely articulates its core values in this series of statements:
- Authenticity -- We are true to the outdoors.
- Quality -- We provide trustworthy products and services
- Service -- We serve others with expertise and enthusiasm.
- Respect -- We listen and learn form each other.
- Integrity -- We live by a code of rock-solid ethics, honesty, and decency.
- Balance -- We encourage each other to enjoy all aspects of life.