The Future Of Work
Jacob Morgan’s book, The Future of Work, helps you understand:
- How the world of work is changing and the trends driving that change.
- How these changes impact the way employees work, the way managers lead, and how organizations are structured.
- And, what needs to be done to adapt to these changes.
You’ll learn specific principles for employees, managers, and organizations for how to stay relevant and competitive in a rapidly changing world.
Morgan explains that the five primary trends shaping the future of work are:
- New behaviors
Furthermore, future managers, explains Morgan, must:
- Be a leader.
- Follow from the front.
- Understand technology.
- Lead by example.
- Embrace vulnerability.
- Believe in sharing and collective intelligence.
- Challenge convention and be a fire starter.
- Practice real-time recognition and feedback.
- Be conscious of personal boundaries.
- Adapt to the future employee.
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me a copy of the book.