Last month, the Kansas City Business Journal published its list of 2013 Best Places To Work Companies in the Kansas City metro. As you review the winning companies profiles (the publication's October 4, 2013 issue), you'll notice that wellness and fitness programs and perks are common among this year's winners.
- Health center - Burns & McDonnell
- Subsidized fitness club memberships - DEG; Ryan LLC
- Monthly massage therapist visits - FishNet Security Inc.
- No-cost 15 fruit and vegetable "brain foods" every day - Genesys Systems Integrator
- Fitness facility - Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa; Henderson Engineers Inc.; Plattform Advertising Inc.
- Healthy snacks in general gathering rooms - Tortoise Capital Advisors LLC
- Wellness and fitness events - Lockton Cos., Kansas City Employee Benefits
- Stand-up workstations spread throughout the office - Netsmart Technologies Inc.
Other perks and programs offered by this year's winning companies include:
- On-site dry cleaning, farmers market, car wash and detailing services - Burns & McDonnell
- Free coffee - FishNet Security Inc.
- Tuition reimbursement - Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa
- Annual company golf championship - Holmes Murphy and Associates
- Family-friendly events - Renaissance Financial Corp.