The Benefits Of Having An Ethical Culture
In Andrew Leigh's new book, Ethical Leadership, he provides these compelling and important benefits of having an ethical culture in your business/organization:
- Customers prefer dealing with companies who put ethics at the center of their culture.
- Most employees would prefer to earn less working for an ethical company than being paid more and working for an unethical company.
- More than one in three people at work say they've left a job because they've disagreed with the company's ethical standards (Trevino, L and Nelson, K - 2011)
- If you adopt an early warning system against misconduct it reduces the risk of you facing expensive litigation.
- An ethical culture helps you make your company a strong affirming place to work in.