How To Be A Good Coach Of A Team
Here are some great tips (and reminders) for how to be an effective coach of a team, from the author of, Unbundle It, C. Elliott Haverlack:
- The best coaches embrace variety
- Individual praise is most often best done in private
- Correcting behavior should always be done in private
- The team trumps the individual when it comes to recognition
- Am I leading or am I part of a group of talented individuals who have been thrown together as a team?
- Am I leading or am I part of a great team who has members who are talented?