8 Tips For Excellence In The Email World
To help your organization, here are some simple rules for emailing from C. Elliott Haverlack's new book, Unbundle It:
- Never send an email when you are angry.
- Never address a sensitive or emotionally charged topic via email.
- Eliminate the use of return receipts.
- Mandate that "Reply All" emails are not allowed.
- Eliminate one word emails.
- Be cognizant of string or multiple message emails.
- Ensure emails requiring a response are addressed promptly.
- Do not expect answers on emails from carbon copy recipients.