In a short 144 pages, Ken Goldstein delivers an enjoyable and powerful business parable with timeless lessons on how to have repeat success by concentrating on three essentials - People, Products, and Profits – in that order.
Goldstein's lessons are in his new book, Endless Encores, and are demonstrated through a fictional dialogue one night in an airport lounge between a successful CEO and a manager besieged with troubles.
Some of my favorite lessons from Goldstein are:
- All success resets expectations for what comes next.
- Offer customers more than what they think they want.
- Look for people who push themselves.
- Diversity on your team expands thinking.
- Hire for character, competency, and compatibility.
- A brand is a promise.
- It's not failing if it's learning.
Carry this book with you for the next time you find an hour or two to read to be inspired and motivated to achieve success in your business.
Goldstein previously served as executive vice president and managing director of Disney Online. He currently serves as a board member and strategic advisor at Thrift Book LLC, the largest seller of used books in North America.
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.