How To Develop The Resilience You Need To Succeed
- active optimism
- decisive action
- moral compass
- relentless tenacity
- interpersonal support
Each chapter includes self-assessment questions and homework for choosing one thing you'll do the next day to help you begin to develop each of the five factors of your personal resilience body armor.
In addition, the authors explain that their professed five factors of personal resilience are a sequential prescription:
- Active optimism is more than a hope or a belief. It's a mandate to bounce back. But the optimistic mandate to be resilient alone is not enough. It must lead to...
- Decisive action. You must act in order to rebound. You must learn how to leave behind the comfort of the status quo and make difficult decisions. Making hard decisions to act is easier when based on a...
- Moral compass, which includes four points: honor, integrity, fidelity and ethics. Use these to guide your decisions under challenging circumstances. Once your decisions are made, employ...
- Relentless tenacity. Carry with you a relentless defiance of failure.
- And then, remember that no person is, nor ever should be, an island. Great strength is derived from the support of others...interpersonal support.