How To Give Praise To An Employee
Entrepreneur magazine's February 2012 issue offers these great tips on how to give praise:
- Praise followed by criticism is not praise.
- Praise followed by praise is probably a little too much praise.
- Ending an expression of praise with "...and stuff" nullifies the praise.
- Make it timely. The closer the recognition is to the behavior, the more likely the behavior will be repeated.
- Be sincere. Be impromptu.
- Remember, a handwritten note is worth more than a gift card.
- _______, I couldn't be more impressed with how you______. Not only did you____, but you_______. Beautiful. Thanks, ________