Change is inevitable. Change is good. Help your employees and team learn to embrace change.
Here are some solid insights from Dr. Rodger Dean Duncan's (Liberty, Missouri) book, Change-friendly Leadership -- How to Transform Good Intentions into Great Performance:
- The kind of behavior change that results in lasting (sustainable) change must accommodate people's feelings--feelings that involve trust, confidence, passion, and all those other intangible but very real things that make us human.
- It's often the stress that people resist, not the change itself.
- Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights (Pauline R. Kezer).
- A transformational leader focuses primarily on initiating and "managing" change. He/she influences people to improve, to stretch, and to redefine what's possible.
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change (Charles Darwin).
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.