The Reconnected Leader
Norman Pickavance's new book, The Reconnected Leader, provides an eight-step model for implementing new practices to help leaders reconnect with their teams and reset the relationship the business has with its stakeholders.
Those eight steps are:
- Discovering the power of purpose
- Building reconnected boards
- Creating reconnected work environments
- Nurturing a spirit of shared enterprise
- Connecting with the wider world
- Creating deeper customer connections
- Inspiring connected innovators
- Creating a new model for your personal leadership
Pickavance explains that all the following factors facing leaders today are the reasons for learning how to reconnect:
- struggles with ethical policies
- disconnected boards
- disposable workforce
- big data
- losing touch with customers
One of my favorite parts of the book is the one that outlines the five principles of a purpose-driven business:
- Does your organization have a purpose that delivers long-term sustainable performance?
- Is your business fair and honest with customers and suppliers?
- Are you a responsible and responsive employer?
- Are you a good citizen?
- Are you a guardian for future generations?
Thanks to the book's publisher's for sending me an advance copy of the book.