How To Find The Right Work For You
In Brian Tracy's book, Find Your Balance Point, he shares this helpful list of the seven indicators of the right work for you and the career where you will feel fully engaged and where you will be the happiest in serving other people:
- The right work for you is something that you really enjoy doing; something that you love to do.
- The right work for you is easy for you to learn and easy to do. In many cases, you learned it automatically, without thought or effort.
- You love learning more and more about the work if it is the right work for you.
- When you are engrossed in this work, the hours fly past. You forget what time it is, and later you are surprised to see how much time has passed.
- The right work for you gives you energy when you are doing it. You can spend hours at this work, often forgetting to eat.
- If it is the right work for you, you want to be excellent at it, and you are constantly striving to learn and improve in that area.
- If it is the right work for you, you admire the top people in your field, the ones who are recognized as excellent, and you want to be around them and learn from them.