The book, The Decision Makeoever, by Mike Whitaker presents a fascinating look at decision making and the importance of decision size and timing.
As you read the book, you'll gain a better understanding of:
- The power of decisions
- Why we make bad decisions
- How to deal with bad decisions
- How to deal with regret
- How to take control of decision making
- How goals and decisions can help each other
Perhaps the most significant part of the book is the author's perspective on goals. "Knowing your goals is the key to making good decisions," says Whitaker. "Because goals and decision-making are so intimately intertwined."
Therefore, he advises that you:
- Keep a few key goals close: Choice five prime goals and stay focused on them.
- Decide which goal is top priority and always give it favorable treatment when making decisions.
- Know that when a decision overlaps a prime goal, it becomes a prime decision. And, prime decisions are to be treated with more care because these will significantly affect your life results.
- Recognize momentum: Identify and appreciate the benefits of your good decisions.