Flashback: Best New Leadership Book Of 2018
Today, we flashback to 2018:
The new book, Say What You Mean, by Oren Jay Sofer, couldn’t have come at a better time. Because 2018 was a year filled with communication challenges for so many people. Often, those conversations were ineffective and unhealthy, causing frustration, conflict and distress.
- Lead with presence – show up and be fully in the moment.
- Come from curiosity and care – rooted in the foundation of our intention.
- Focus on what matters – honing our attention and training our mind’s capacity to discern what’s essential and shift its focus in a nimble and responsive manner.
- Feel confident during conversations.
- Stay focused on what really matters in an interaction.
- Listen for the authentic concerns behind someone’s words.
- Reduce anxiety before and during difficult conversations.
- Find nourishment in day-to-day interactions.
- Cognitive empathy: seeing things from another’s perspective.
- Affective empathy: feeling another’s emotions.
- Somatic empathy: sensing another’s embodied experience.