The Power Of Positive Leadership
"Pessimists don't change the world. Critics write words but they don't write the future," says author Jon Gordon. "Naysayers talk about problems but they don't solve them. Throughout history we see that it's the optimists, the believers, the dreamers, the doers, and the positive leaders who change the world," he adds.
You'll learn how and why positive leaders transform teams and organizations in Gordon's new book, The Power of Positive Leadership.
Gordon firmly believes that positive leaders:
- Drive positive cultures
- Create and share a positive vision
- Lead with optimism, positivity, and belief
- Confront, transform, and remove negativity
- Create united and connected teams
- Build great relationships and teams
- Pursue excellence
- Lead with purpose
- Have grit
For those reasons, he's dedicated a chapter for each of those leadership attributes in the book.
Gordon also professes that "The number one predictor and factor of success is not talent, title, wealth, or appearance. It is grit!," says Gordon.
And, he adds that:
- "Being positive doesn't just make you better; it makes everyone around you better."
- "Being positive won't guarantee you'll succeed but being negative will guarantee you won't."
Finally, I truly value these insights and advice from Gordon:
- People follow the leader first and their vision second. What you say is important, but who you are is even more important. Leading is more than sharing a vision. It's more than talking and thinking. It's also about investing in relationships, bringing out the best in others, coaching, encouraging, serving, caring, and being someone that your team can trust.
- The two questions that the people you lead are asking are, "Can I trust you? and "Do you care about me?
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.