The Elements Of A Good Culture For A Digital Team
About two years ago, Shane Atchison and Jason Burby wrote an interesting book about the principals needed for delivering true business value in digital marketing.
One of the most helpful sections of the book, Does it Work?, is the list of elements they believe are the most important for building a good culture where a digital team can be flexible, work together great, and move seamlessly to new ideas and process.
Those elements are:
- Stay flexible. Encourage thinking outside roles. Don't let job titles limit individual contributions.
- Hire learners. Your team should be curious and willing to learn new things.
- Empower people to share. Everyone's opinion matters.
- Make sure problems come with solutions. Don't let whiners complain about what is wrong without bringing proposed solutions to address the problem.
- Foster a culture of achievement. Provide real data that clearly demonstrates to your team that they are making a difference and accomplishing something.