Insights On Change
Change is inevitable. Change is good. Help your employees and team learn to embrace change.
Here are some solid insights from Dr. Rodger Dean Duncan's (Liberty, Missouri) book, Change-friendly Leadership -- How to Transform Good Intentions into Great Performance:
- The kind of behavior change that results in lasting (sustainable) change must accommodate people's feelings--feelings that involve trust, confidence, passion, and all those other intangible but very real things that make us human.
- It's often the stress that people resist, not the change itself.
- Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights (Pauline R. Kezer).
- A transformational leader focuses primarily on initiating and "managing" change. He/she influences people to improve, to stretch, and to redefine what's possible.
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change (Charles Darwin).
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.