How To Maximize A Team's Results
High-functioning and effective teams can disagree and still produce excellent products and results. Team members can also disagree and still care about each other. And, they can challenge each other to think differently.
Best-selling leadership book authors Scott J. Allen and Mitchell Kusy recommend that leaders ask seven tough questions of their teams to help maximize their results.
Here are those questions to ask each team member:
- What are some obstacles affecting this team?
- What are opportunities we could take advantage of that we have been largely ignoring?
- Where can you take greater ownership on this team?
- Where have you let this team down?
- Compared to other teams with which you are familiar, how are we doing?
- When was the last time you complimented the team or one of its members?
- How open are you to giving direct feedback to team members?