Tim Richardson offers this great advice from his book on how to be a responsible leader:
- The responsible leader sees things as interconnected and interdependent.
- The responsible leader is both future focused and grounded firmly in the present, the here and now, and the practical on-the-ground impact of actions.
- Responsible leadership is about connecting at a deeper level with stakeholders - at the soul, story and heritage level that provides meaning for staff teams, communities and customers.
- The narrative is aligned with the vision across the wider organizational system through a culture that the leader role models wholeheartedly and authentically, often at considerable personal risk.
- Responsible leaders know who they are, what they stand for, and are not afraid to step forward, even at personal risk. They are passionate and can inspire others through their personal energy, commitment and sense of purpose.