If you had trouble maintaining your New Year's resolutions, it may be time to start thinking about how you'll set your goals for 2016. Here are seven tips for goal setting from two-time U.S. Olympian Alan Culpepper (from the November 2013 issue of Competitor magazine).
Here are his seven tips for setting goals, whether are your workplace or away-from-work goals:
- Be clear and specific about what it is you are trying to accomplish.
- Set intermediate goals that complement a long-term goal.
- Shoot high, but recognize the importance of a natural progression.
- Write your goals down.
- Review your goals periodically.
- Remind yourself often why you are working on your goal.
- And, remember even if you don't hit your goal, there is satisfaction the process.