Build These Skills To Effectively Lead
I had the pleasure of interviewing Overland Park, KS-based author Leigh Branham a few years ago. He's the author of three best-selling books, including, Re-engage and The 7 Hidden Reasons Employees Leave.
When asked what are the most important skills a leader should have to effectively lead, he offered this good advice:
- the ability to face and address unpleasant realities
- the willingness to welcome disagreement and open discussion
- the ability to open up and field tough questions
- the balance to be both tough and tender minded
- the ability to adapt oneself to the needs of those being led