How To Reduce Employee Turnover
Knowing why an employee leaves your company can help you to reduce your employee turnover rate.
That's because you can use the reasons a departing employee provides to gather information about processes, people and departments that might need some redirection to correct situations that may have contributed to the employee's reasons for leaving.
So, do an exit interview whenever possible with each departing employee. Ask each person:
- Why they are leaving
- What they liked about their job
- What they would have changed about their job
- How they felt about the cooperation level among co-workers
- How they felt about communication and interaction with co-workers
- Whether they received the necessary training to do their job
- Whether they received frequent coaching and balanced feedback from their supervisor
- Would they recommend a friend apply for work at your company
- How they felt about their pay
- How they would describe the morale in the company and in their department
- What they would change about their department and the company
- Whether they received the necessary information to perform their job effectively