How To Maximize Employee Engagement
Overland Park, Kansas-based author Leigh Branham, along with Mark Hirschfeld, awhile back completed a survey of 10,000 employees in 43 states to better understand what separates a "best places to work" company from other companies.
What Branham and Hirschfeld discovered is that the best companies use six "universal drivers" that maximize employee engagement:
- Caring, Competent, and Engaging Senior Leaders
- Effective Managers Who Keep Employees Aligned and Engaged
- Effective Teamwork at All Levels
- Job Enrichment and Professional Growth
- Valuing Employee Contributions
- Concern for Employee Well-Being
Branham also explains that to get the best from your employees you need to re-engage them. You can learn more about how to do that in his book, Re-Engage.