7 Tips For Setting Goals
Some of the best advice I've ever found about goal-setting is from two-time U.S. Olympian Alan Culpepper, as published the November 2013 issue of Competitor magazine.
Here are his seven tips for setting goals, whether are your workplace or away-from-work goals:
- Be clear and specific about what it is you are trying to accomplish.
- Set intermediate goals that complement a long-term goal.
- Shoot high, but recognize the importance of a natural progression.
- Write your goals down.
- Review your goals periodically.
- Remind yourself often why you are working on your goal.
- And, remember even if you don't hit your goal, there is satisfaction the process.