How To Expose The Real Issues That Underlie Paradoxes In Modern Organizations
With the demands of technology, transparency, and constant connectedness, and calls for higher performance, leaders from the front line to the C-suite face complex dilemmas that cannot be easily denied or postponed. These perplexing, recurring issues are familiar to anyone in a leadership role today, including:
- How do I balance my functional or business unit goals with the needs of my peers and the whole company?
- How do I support and promote others while still advancing my own career?
- How do I emphasize teamwork and still reward the “stars”?
- Can I really devote enough time and energy to both family and work?
- The Unfinished Leader is a modern handbook for recognizing, facing, and inspiring others to expose the real issues that underlie paradoxes in modern organizations. Leaders must first recognize situations they will never be able to “solve” and understand how to confront the barriers—in their own heads and their organizations—that push them towards seeking ultimate solutions that don’t exist. Leading through complexity requires giving up the illusion of control, consistency, and closure, while embracing the reality of being permanently “unfinished.”
- DeutschePost DHL
- Johnson & Johnson
The Unfinished Leader will help leaders at all levels understand and excel at their true task: guiding themselves and their teams through ongoing paradoxes, reconciling competing outcomes, continually changing and adapting, and thereby building lasting success.
Learn more about Leadership.