The Meaning Of Class In A Manager
One of my favorite sections of the book, The First-Time Manager, is the one about class in a manager:
- Class is treating people with dignity.
- Class does not have to be the center of attention.
- Class does not lose its cool.
- Class does not rationalize mistakes.
- Class is good manners.
- Class means loyalty to one's staff.
- Class recognizes the best way to build oneself is to first build others.
- Class leads by example.
- Class does not taken action when angry.
- Class is authentic and works hard at making actions consistent with words.