Six Powerful Questions To Ask As A Leader
From Sydney Finkelstein's book, Superbosses: How Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent, comes these great questions you should routinely ask yourself as a leader:
- Have you answered the "why do we exist" question for your team? Could all of your team members share this answer with you right now?
- Do you have people on your team who have followed non-traditional paths to their jobs, or do you find yourself attracted to cookie-cutter backgrounds?
- Are people on your team energized to come to work in the morning? How would you even know?
- Are you inspiring people to believe that they can achieve great things?
- Are you removing the bureaucratic barriers and hierarchy that get in the way of meaningful interaction and getting the job done?
- How often do you actively teach people how to do something, as opposed to just telling people what to do?