Work Is Meaningful When...
There are so many good things to learn in the book, Helping People Win At Work, by Ken Blanchard and Garry Ridge. Among those is the section about how to define meaningful work.
Their definition consists of these seven attributes. Work is meaningful when it:
- It is conducted in a manner that is "good and proper" in all respects.
- It positively affects our company and our communities, giving our work an impact that extends beyond ourselves.
- It provides learning and growth, offers challenges, requires creativity, pushes us to surpass limits, and creates exciting results.
- It provides recognition and rewards for our achievements.
- It allows us to succeed as a team while excelling as individuals.
- It allows us to enjoy the ride, bringing humor and fun into our work.
- It fuels passion!