Act Quickly To Build Loyalty
A customer who complains and receives a fast response will actually be more loyal to your company in terms of future sales and referrals than a customer who never complained at all. That is what author Mark Thompson and Brian Tracy proclaim, and I agree with them.
They also say in their book, Now...Build A Great Business!, that:
- a slow response to a customer complaint triggers fear and anger.
So, lead your team to:
- Respond quickly to customer complaints
- Refuse to defend or make excuses
- Offer to make the customer happy immediately
- Be open and honest
- Tell the truth and tell it as soon as you know it