Here is a new book I imagine nearly everyone will benefit from. It is, The Negativity Fast. It's both a self-help book and a book for leaders who want to lead with positivity.
“My goal is to help you reduce the time you spend in a negative state and increase the time you are positive,” explains the book’s author, Anthony Iannarino.
Particularly for business leaders, the book offers easy-to-follow lessons on learning to lead with positivity for effective change throughout your team and organization. The evidence-based exercises will give you a firsthand look at the tendency of external negativity to create internal turmoil and stress and exactly how to reduce those feelings.
Each book chapter provides practical, tactical strategies, which will help you remove negativity, such as:
- Why You Are Negative: What is the science of why we are negative and how does our current environment cause us to be more negative.
- Talking Yourself Into a Negative State: How we talk ourselves into a negative state and how to talk ourselves out that state. Your inner voice isn’t always helpful.
- Empathy and How to Lie to Yourself. Learn to lie to yourself in a way that can remove your negativity, especially when it comes to other people.
- How to Stop Complaining: To feel better more of the time, train yourself to stop complaining.
- How to Live with Political Divisiveness: Politics makes a lot of people miserable. Here you will learn to be positive despite today's extreme political divineness, no matter which party you support.
The Negativity Fast is an inspiring new approach to improving your outlook, leadership techniques, resilience, and productivity. You’ll learn to harness the power of positivity, optimism, and empathy as you steadily reduce the sources of negativity you expose yourself to and replace them with positive influences. It is a can’t-miss resource for anyone involved in high-stress, high-stakes work, as well as managers, executives, and other business leaders.
Iannarino has twenty years of experience selling and leading sales forces in the staffing industry. He is the writer and publisher of thesalesblog.com and helps organizations transform outdated, legacy sales approaches with contemporary, value-creating techniques that buyers appreciate and that grow revenue.
Thank you to the book’s publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.