“You are one more intentional thought and action away from discovering your best life,” explains author of the new book, The Power Of One More, by Ed Mylett – released earlier this summer.
“You can find your best life by doing ‘one more’ than the world expects from you,” he adds.
In his book, he further explains that your individual thoughts and actions you take don’t need to be profound. However, when you compound these small thoughts and actions and stack them up on top of each other, the resulting changes over time are profound.
Mylett reveals strategies chapter by chapter and covers goal setting, habits, emotions, relationships, are more.
Strategies include those on how to:
- Slow down time and spot new opportunities
- Use time to your fullest advantage
- Find deeper purpose in life
Be sure to check out Chapters 15 and 16, which focus on leadership. Within those, Mylett shares his thoughts about leadership:
- You are a leader if you help people do things they would not otherwise accomplish without your presence.
- You need to sell a big enough dream so that the dreams of everyone you lead can fit inside the one you’re selling.
- Remember that everybody you lead does not have to believe what you’re saying. They only need to believe that YOU believe what you’re saying.
- Most people will learn a lot more in life by watching what you do rather than by what they do when you simply try to teach them.
- The number one job of a leader is to develop new leaders.
Inspiring, instructional, motivating, encouraging and enlightening. The Power Of One More is an excellent choice for your next books to read list.
Thank you to the book’s publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.