"Stories strengthen communications and presence for leaders," explains Kristi Hedges, author of the book, The Power of Presence.She recommends you consider adding stories to your communications when you:
- Want to motivate others and paint a picture of what's possible.
- Need to show others -- whether a large audience or one person -- that you have shared commonalities.
- Are trying to deliver difficult news and want to show empathy.
- Are facing adversity in the present that relates to a situation you've experienced before.
- Are interviewing for a job and want to demonstrate your ability to adapt, learn, and overcome challenges.
- Are in a new position and would like to show others your approach and values.
- Want to show clients or colleagues that you've been in their shoes.
- Want to encourage another person to tackle something difficult.
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me a copy of the book.