7 Ways To Stay Motivated
To learn how to stay motivated, read High-Profit Prospecting, by Mark Hunter. It's a powerful read that includes counter intuitive advice and cutting-edge best practices for sales prospecting in today's business world.Today, I share one of my favorite sections of the book where Hunter describes his seven things motivated people do to stay motivated:
- Motivated people ignore voices in their lives. These might be people in the office and friends who have bad attitudes. They're out there, and if you're not careful, they'll control you, too.
- Motivated people associate with highly motivated people. Just as there are negative people in the world, there are also positive people. Your job is to make sure you spend as much time with the positive people as possible.
- Motivated people simply look for the positive in things. Positive people count it an honor to live each day, learn from others, and impact positively those they meet. Positive people take great satisfaction in helping others achieve success.
- Motivated people don't worry about what they can't control, but are quick to accept control of their worlds. They don't pass the buck to someone else, but are willing to be accountable in everything.
- Motivated people are continuously learning. The benefit of the learning they do each day is how they use it to improve themselves even more.
- Motivated people know there will be tough times, but they know tough times don't last. They're aware they need to stay focused on the solution, not the problem. Motivated people always view things in a longer time frame than negative people, who dwell on the negativity of the moment they're in.
- Motivated people set goals and are focused on achieving them, and along the way they celebrate each positive step. The goals they set are designed to both motivate them and drive them to higher levels of success than others might achieve.