Why Culture Matters
An important chapter in the incredibly insightful book, It’s The Manager, is about why culture in the workplace matters.
The book’s authors Jim Clifton and Jim Harter suggest as a leader you ask yourself:
- How well do your purpose, brand and culture align?
- How clear is your purpose to employees and customers?
- Are your employees committed to your culture?
Equally important, if you see any of the following warnings signs, your culture may be broken:
- The inability to attract world-class talent.
- Difficulty maximizing organic growth based on customer-employee interactions.
- Leadership initiatives that don’t go anywhere.
- Lack of agility in responding to customer needs.
- Loss of best performers to top brands.