Leadership Gems From John C. Maxwell
The real gems in John C. Maxwell's book, Everyone Communicates Few Connect, are the abundant leadership and communication quotes, such as these:
- To add value to others, one must first value others.
- People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.
- All good communicators get to the point before their listeners start asking, "What's the point?"
- The first time you say something, it's heard. The second time, it's recognized, and the third time it's learned.
- In the end, people are persuaded not by what we say, but by what they understand.
- People pay attention when something that is said connects with something they greatly desire.
Maxwell also says that:
Management is about persuading people to do things they do not want to do, while leadership is about inspiring people to do things they never thought they could.
Overall, the book covers five principles and five practices to help readers so they can connect one-on-one, in a group, or with an audience.