How To Tell An Effective Story During Your Presentation
Joey Asher's 100-page book, 15 Minutes Including Q&A provides a "plan to save the world from lousy presentations," proclaims Asher.
In chapter 8, Asher explains that the best presentations have stories and if you want to be a good speaker, you need to know how to tell an effective story.
Asher's formula is:
- Start with the point. You don't want people wondering why you're telling them a story.
- Tell the story chronologically.
- Keep your story tight and on point, but give some details.
- Make your story personal to you.
- Remind your audience of the point at the end.
- Keep your story to between 30 and 60 seconds.