Leadership And Customer Service, Marriott Style
The next time you stay at a Marriott hotel look in the nightstand drawer for Marriott's booklet that highlights its milestones and tells the Marriott story.
In the booklet, you'll find the following 12 ways that Marriott practices good leadership AND customer service:
- Continually challenge your team to do better.
- Take good care of your employees, and they'll take good care of your customers, and the customers will come back.
- Celebrate your people's success, not your own.
- Know what you're good at and mine those competencies for all you're worth.
- Do it and do it now. Err on the side of taking action.
- Communicate. Listen to your customers, associates and competitors.
- See and be seen. Get out of your office, walk around, make yourself visible and accessible.
- Success is in the details.
- It's more important to hire people with the right qualities than with specific experience.
- Customer needs may vary, but their bias for quality never does.
- Eliminate the cause of a mistake. Don't just clean it up.
- View every problem as an opportunity to grow.
Kudos to Marriott.