How To Identify A Leader During Interviews
The next time you are interviewing a candidate and you want to access their leadership skills, consider asking the candidate these questions:
- What personal qualities define you as a leader? Describe a situation when these qualities helped you lead others.
- Give an example of when you demonstrated good leadership.
- What is the toughest group from which you've had to get cooperation?
- Have you ever had difficulty getting others to accept your ideas? What was your approach? Did it work?
- Describe a situation in which you had to change your leadership style to achieve the goal?
- One leadership skill is the ability to accommodate different views in the workplace, regardless of what they are. What have you done to foster a wide number of views in your work environment?