How To Talk About Inconsistencies With An Employee
• Here’s what I see. Here’s what I hear you saying.
• Here’s what we know so far.
• So let’s see if I’m on track with you…
• Let’s see where we are…
• How about we step back from a moment and look at a few different ideas…
• Did I hear you correctly when you said…?
• Am I missing something here?
Always be sure you’re on the same page and have the same understanding of the progress being made with your employee’s projects.
Thanks to Jane Murphy for these tips from her book, What Could Happen If You Do Nothing.