Ten More Ways To Be An Effective Leader
Here are 10 behaviors, techniques and tips you can use to be an effective leader:
- Respond to questions quickly and fully.
- Take an interest in your employees and their personal milestone events.
- Give feedback in a timely manner and make it individualized and specific.
- Be willing to change your decisions.
- End every meeting with a follow-up To Do list.
- Support mentoring -- both informal and formal.
- Don't delay tough decisions.
- Do annual written performance appraisals.
- Explain how a change will affect employee's feelings before, during and after the change is implemented.
- Have face-to-face interaction as often as possible.