Run Better Meetings
Here are five handy tips for how to run a better meeting:
- Limit attendance. Include only decision makers and key implementers.
- Use an agenda. Give each topic a time limit. Ask your staff to help set the agenda so they'll know the meeting will be relevant.
- Make sure attendees know at the meeting's beginning the benefit of why they are in the meeting.
- Create a not-on-the agenda list of topics that will be tabled for after the meeting or for another meeting.
- Set immediate deadlines for carrying out all decisions that are made during the meeting.
Learn more about how to host an effective meeting by reading the booklet, "Best Life: Tips for 2009."