Have A Great New Year
Your leadership skills were likely put to the test in 2009 like never before. Kudos to you for making it through the year. And for your thirst for information on how to become a more effective leader.
Thank you for allowing me to share my ideas and suggestions with you in this Blog. Thanks to everyone who became a Blog subscriber. And, to the increasing number of followers who have shared postings from the Blog via Twitter. Much appreciated!
As you plan your New Year's resolutions for the workplace, which of the following have you selected to add to your list?
- Be decisive.
- Show and demonstrate trust.
- Listen carefully.
- Take a personal interest in your employees.
- Give credit where credit is due.
- Respond to questions quickly and fully.
- Allow prudent autonomy.
- Follow through when you say you will.
- Teach something new.
- Communicate clearly.
- Say "Thank You" and sincerely mean it.
- Praise when compliments are earned.
- Show respect for everyone on your team.
- Allow learning to happen when mistakes are made.
- Work hard and lend a hand when deadlines are tight.