Daphne E. Jones is the author of, Win When They Say You Won’t. She’s also a corporate board member who has held CIO and other leadership positions at Fortune 500 companies including IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Hospira (now Pfizer) and General Electric. She defied everyone’s expectations by adopting a mindset she recommends to everyone:
Believe you can win, when they say you won’t.
Drawn from her own rags to riches story, Win when They Say You Won’t: Break Through Barriers and Keep Leveling Up Your Success, is Jones’ highly reflective, deeply personal, inspiring guide and playbook to help readers achieve the career of their dreams with a winning mindset.
Jones shows how the right mindset and toolset can help you overcome anyone who doubts your potential for any reason. She shares tools to treat these issues as a business problem rather than getting caught in the trap of responding only emotionally or without a strategy.
Using her stories and those of other women as examples, Jones’ four step “EDIT” methodology (Envision, Design, Iterate, and Transform) will enable you to transform your mindset to win.
In addition to her own career journey and EDIT, within the book Jones discusses how to:
- Create your success vision.
- Prioritize your objectives and map out how to achieve them.
- Design your future life on purpose.
- Learn all you can from everyone you can.
- Listen and hear.
- Keep your dreams moving.
- Solicit constructive feedback from other stakeholders.
- Reflect on your accomplishments and lessons learned.
- Not get caught in the trap of responding without a strategy.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Think and behave like an active project manager of your career--calling your own plays an not watching your career from the sidelines.
Thank you to the book’s publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.