No One Succeeds Alone is the inspiring story of Compass Founder & CEO Robert Reffkin, whose mother, mentors, and search for belonging taught him valuable lessons that anyone with a dream can put into action today to improve their own quality of life.
Each chapter in the book shares a part of Reffkin’s life story and eight practical lessons, such as:
- Love your customers more than your ideas.
- Find someone to give you the critical feedback others won’t.
- Collaborate without ego.
- If you help people, they will want to help you.
Prior to becoming CEO of Compass, a real estate company and technology platform, Reffkin completed a B.A. and M.B.A. from Columbia University and worked at McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, and as a White House Fellow.
He has also run 50 marathons in 50 states to raise $1 million dollars for charities — including for America Needs You, the non-profit he founded to serve young people living below the poverty line who are the first in their families to go to college.
His life story really began as he tells, “when my mom tucked into bed at night when I was a child, she didn’t tell me to have sweet dreams – she told me to have big dreams.”
Reffkin hopes that when you read, No One Succeeds Alone, that the book will:
- Inspire you to dream bigger than you ever have before.
- Help you realize your full potential – not just the potential you think you have right now.
- Motivate you to reach out and help someone else make their dreams come true.
Reffkin’s life and business lessons learned are grounded in the incredible journey he’s taken, which included early feelings of not belonging, a series of unfulfilling jobs, and the necessity of adapting. As he explains, “I’ve failed much more of then than I’ve succeeded. The only reasons I’ve accomplished anything is because I learned early how to bounce back with unrelenting energy and passion and come up with a new dream every time I stumbled.”
Other key takeaways from the book:
- Every interaction, every conversation, every moment is an opportunity. Therefore, proactively seek opportunity. Keep your eyes, ears, and heart open to all the possibilities around you.
- Learn from reality.
- Be solutions driven.
- Maximize your strengths.
- Be grateful, humble and passionate.
No One Succeeds Alone is all about learning everything you can from everyone you can. Read this book to learn exactly how to do that while also being motivated by a truly inspiring life story.
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.