The Importance Of Your Soft Skills
Soft skills, all too often deemed the less important skills for a leader, are needed now more than ever.
- Soft skills are interpersonal skills that demonstrate a person's ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with others in one-on-one interactions as well as in groups and teams.
Each of the book's nine chapters, listed below, provide dialogue, questions, tips and recommended activities:
- What Are Soft Skills?
- The Hidden Side of Communication
- The Power of Positive Intentions
- Tack and Diplomacy
- The Challenge of Problem Solving
- Soft Skills and Teams
- The Personality Factor
- Taking the Sting Out of Feedback
- Conflict and Cooperation
- Following through
- Accurate work
- Problem solving
- Technical expertise