Six-Step Strategic Planning Process
Awhile back, I shared highlights from the useful book, First-Time Leader, by George Bradt and Gillian Davis.
Here's one more gem from the book -- the authors' recommendations for a six-step strategic planning process:
- Set an aspirational destination (derived from the mission and vision).
- Assess the facts of the current reality and develop potential future scenarios.
- Identify options to bridge gaps between the current reality and the desired aspiration.
- Evaluate options under different scenarios. Make choices.
- Develop detailed plans that will deliver on selected strategies.
- Act, measure, adjust, and repeat.