Nine Ways To Be A Stronger Career Mentor And Coach
Paul Falcone offers the following great advice for how to become a stronger career mentor and coach by helping your subordinates grow and develop in their own careers.
- Encourage others to engage in random acts of kindness.
- Find creative ways of surprising your customers.
- Focus on making bad relationships good and good relationships better.
- Look for new ways of reinventing the workflow in light of your company's changing needs.
- Think relationship first, transaction second.
- Realize that people can tell more about you by the depth of your questions than by the quality of your statements.
- Separate the people from the problem.
- Always provide two solutions for each question you ask or suggestion you raise.
- Employ right-brain imagination, artistry, and intuition plus left-brain logic and planning.
And, one of my favorite pieces of advice from Falcone: