How To Make Your Written Communication Shorter And More Appealing
Author Joseph McCormack offers these six tips for ways of making your written communication shorter and more appealing:
- Deliver a strong title or subject line that's your invitation.
- Limit your email to the original window.
- Make sure there is white space and balance throughout the text.
- Call out key ideas by calling them out in bold type.
- Start each bullet point with a strong word or catchy phrase.
- Trim the fluff -- anything that's unnecessary, leaving a consumable and concise size communication
You can learn more helpful tips in his new book, Brief: Make a Bigger Impact by Saying Less.